By Alyssa Jones
Our household celebrated when 2020 got here to an finish. We had began the yr with nice pleasure—welcoming our third-born into the world in early February—however shortly discovered ourselves caught at house as the worldwide pandemic modified every part about how we interacted with the world round us. We pressed on by way of isolation and anxiousness, navigating digital education and work-from-home in a method that left us feeling each grateful for the togetherness and powerless over something exterior our partitions.
So I began 2021 on empty, half-joking that my “word of the year”—a practice by which some select to concentrate on success, vitality, pleasure, or confidence—can be unsustainable. As in, I can not hold doing this. If 2021 is something like 2020, I’m not going to make it.
It seems that 2021 was loads like 2020. In some ways, it was even more durable; however I did make it. And so, as 2022 begins, I need to testify that in case you are feeling such as you want a miracle to maneuver ahead into one other yr, the Lord is with you. I pray you’ll be inspired in your ministry by the next truths. Spend time meditating on Scripture. Consider listening to the steered songs in your favourite music platform.
The Lord sustains.
I spent too a lot of my youthful years sincerely believing that I may “do it all” if I simply tried onerous sufficient. There is peace in recognizing your individual weak point. God created us as restricted beings who want relaxation and assist.
- Pray that the Lord would increase up volunteers in your children ministry.
- Read it: “God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life.” (Psalm 54:4)
- Listen: “Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me” – CityAlight
The Lord is aware of.
When I’m rocked by surprising information, I remind myself, “The Lord is not surprised by this.” He is aware of. He has at all times identified. In reality, He is utilizing this one way or the other in a method I don’t but perceive in order that He will obtain the best quantity of glory. The Lord is nice, and we are able to belief Him.
- Pray that the Lord would offer you peace past understanding whenever you face challenges this yr.
- Read it: “Our Lord is great, vast in power; his understanding is infinite.” (Psalm 147:5)
- Listen: “You Already Know” – JJ Heller
The Lord supplies.
God is an effective Father. Everything comes from Him, and He is not going to go away us needing that which we really require. Take time to contemplate His blessings and thank Him for offering to your biggest want in Jesus.
- Pray to your greatest want this coming ministry yr. Be daring; pray for what appears not possible.
- Read it: “What, then, are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He did not even spare his own Son but gave him up for us all. How will he not also with him grant us everything?” (Romans 8:31-32)
- Listen: “The Blessing” – Kari Jobe, Cody Carnes & Elevation Worship
The Lord is unchanging.
Friends transfer, coworkers search new jobs, children develop up. Some of us deal with change higher than others. The Bible is evident that the Lord is unchanging. When you examine God’s Old Testament miracles, keep in mind that He continues to be that highly effective God. The similar God who confirmed Himself to be the one true God at Mount Carmel, highly effective on the Red Sea crossing, and relentless within the lives of Hosea and Gomer is identical God we serve as we speak.
- Pray that children will see and treasure the actual God of the Bible and observe Him.
- Read it: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
- Listen: “Red Sea Road” – Ellie Holcomb
When every part round me felt unsustainable, the Lord proved Himself to be the One who sustains. The similar God that faithfully led the Israelites into the promised land goes earlier than us into 2022, highly effective to maintain and supply. Trust Him together with your new yr. He is aware of what lies forward and is at work for His glory and your good. Do you imagine that?
Alyssa Jones worships and serves together with her husband at Refuge Franklin, a church plant exterior of Nashville, Tennessee. They have three kids.